Faculty Development Workshop
Applications for the 2018 Faculty Development Workshop are due January 16, 2018 (see application instructions below).
The QEP Faculty Development Workshop serves a dual purpose.
- The workshop will bring faculty together to help each other hone their courses to be evidence-focused, based on criteria developed by the QEP Classroom Component Committee.
- Workshop participants assist with the development of the evidence-focused criteria and assessment of the QEP.
Summer 2018 Workshop
May 16, 17, 18 (2018)
Times: 9:00am to 3:00pm
Requirements of Workshop Participants
- Attendance at all workshop sessions
- Submission of a syllabus incorporating the Evidence-Focused criteria
- Commitment to teach your evidence-focused seminar in 2018-2019
- Allowing your seminar course to participate in QEP Assessment
Overview of Evidence-Focused Course Criteria
We realize that many of you already teach courses that focus on evidence. For these QEP Workshops, we are looking for faculty willing to revise their current courses or create new courses to fit the specific Evidence-Focused Criteria that our QEP Classroom Component Implementation Committee has developed. The criteria involve the focus and structure of the course (not specific content). A wide variety of courses have already been taught under these criteria, from Physics to Theater. Based on the experiences of faculty who have already participated, we believe the criteria are flexible enough to accommodate any substantive content.
Application: Due January 16, 2018
If you would like to be considered for particpation in the Workshop, please send your application materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following:
- Title of your First Year Seminar OR your upper level seminar
- Brief statement on how you will focus on the nature of evidence with your topic (2-3 sentences)
- Past syllabus (if applicable)